Project Engineer – Full Time (Eastwood, Nottingham, UK) – Posted 16th May 2019
An immediate opportunity has arisen for a qualified and experienced Project Engineer, based at our Head Office at Eastwood, Nottingham, UK.
As Project Engineer you’ll meet the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to ONC (minimum) in a mechanical engineering related discipline or equivalent
- Proven track record (5 years +) in Engineering Project Management
- Organised, self-motivated, ambitious, excellent communicator
- Highly computer literate
- Experienced in planning and executing contracts in excess off £500K with penalties on document submissions and deliverables
- Experienced in handling multiple high value contracts.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong Microsoft Project capabilities.
- Experienced in delivering documentation and manufactured goods into the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Industrial and Marine sectors.
The main focus of this role will be to provide effective management of all project activities to ensure that all aspects of designated contracts are executed in a controlled, comprehensive, efficient, legal and profitable way.
The role of Project Engineer will include:
- Interpreting contract specifications and ensuring compliance
- Produce project documentation
- Plan, organise and control contract programmes and control any variations
- Liaise with clients and suppliers
- Select, negotiate and build good relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Expediting and quality surveillance
- Control Project Costs to achieve/exceed forecast margins
- Control delivery of final products to the customer/job site
- Control contract completion to ensure customer satisfaction and commercial effectiveness
- Evaluate completed contracts against all relevant criteria
- Attending meetings, expediting, inspection and testing, site supervision and manual site work in the UK, overseas and offshore
- Weekly management reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small dedicated team, take pride in your work and feed an appetite for success. Self motivation, diligence and communication will be the keys for success in this role.
Salary £ – competitive, plus profit related bonus, 25 + statutory days holiday, pension & flexi-time.
To apply for this job, please submit your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that “Project Engineer” is quoted in the subject line.
Applicants should note that this is a non-smoking site.