Full Time – Eastwood, Nottingham (UK). (Posted 31 August 2020)
As HEAD OF PROJECTS, you will be responsible for managing multiple teams across design and project management and have a firm grip on strategy, planning, supply chain and on-time project delivery. A “right first time” approach will help to ensure projects are kept within the agreed budgets and clients’ time frames.
You will be a seasoned Project Manager with a solid understanding of the commercial aspects of a project. Ideally you will have significant experience within a fabrication/ manufacturing environment and be capable of running the division whilst simultaneously managing your own projects as required.
- Provide effective management of all project execution activities
- Ensure each individual contract is executed in a controlled, efficient, legal & profitable way
- To interpret contract specifications and organise the design and compliance of each product accordingly
- Provide guidance and support to each Project Engineer – technical, planning, dispute resolution, cross-departmental communications
- Client/site visits
- Ensure client satisfaction and all project costs and timescales are met
- Approval of all certifications
- Significant experience in a fabrication/manufacturing environment (10 years+) together with a good appreciation of instrumentation & controls
- At least 5 years in a management role, ideally looking after a project delivery team
- Experienced in managing multiple high-value contracts in demanding markets
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of successfully implementing change and improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Strong people & relationship manager with first-class communication skills
- Commercially astute with a high-level of customer awareness
- Good understanding of contract law
- Driven by results and achieving KPIs
- Highly technical and educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or a similar and relevant discipline
- Excellent IT skills with experience of planning software and ERP systems
An excellent package is available including a good base salary, company car, private medical, pension and bonus. There is also a genuine opportunity to progress to board level for the right candidate. Interviews are due to take place ASAP so, if you match the above requirements, please apply with an up-to-date CV and a cover letter which should clearly outline your suitability for the role.
All external applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.