We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced Valve Automation & Controls Engineer at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham, UK. This is an exciting opportunity to support both our Sales team and Engineering team, providing technical solutions and concepts for our quotations and projects from pre-sales through to project completion.
Duties in brief include:
- Assist our Sales Managers with specifying actuation and control packages
- Configuring a design solution that meets the requirements of the project specification.
- Producing P&ID’s and BOM’s.
- Source and cost components.
- Provide a costed solution to Sales Managers, including lead times.
- Provide Technical guidance to our Engineering team post order.
You will have an engineering background together with a demonstrable knowledge of electro-mechanical valve instrumentation and control systems, with experience of hazardous area applications for international installations.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
• A great team player with a positive approach.
• Strong people and time management skills.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
• Able to understand Engineering drawings.
• Ability to read specifications and specify compliant components.
• Able to size actuators.
• Ability to produce P&ID’s and BOM’s.
• Basic electrical knowledge.
• Experience working with CAD/Solid works.
• Experience of Pressure systems.
• Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects.
• Level 3 / 4 Engineering qualification (HNC/HND level).
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
• Ability to effectively manage time and work to deadlines.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK), or from any remote location within the UK.
We offer the opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking business with an international footprint and the ambition for growth. Our core values centre around our people and provide a genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
- An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
- Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
- A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
All applications (to include your CV) via email using the following link: