UK, Posted 22 December 2020.
We have a position open for a qualified and experienced Buyer within our Supply Chain Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham, UK.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer will provide effective support of all supply activities (not limited to) supplier management, cost negotiation, inventory control, logistics, sub-contract and manufacturing process.
Your will have a Supply Chain background within an engineering / industrial environment together with a demonstrable track record and understanding of procurement and supply chain management.
You must be able to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify requirements and find solutions.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
• A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
• Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach).
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
• Track record of success within and engineering supply chain.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
• Working knowledge of ERP systems.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
• Mechanical engineering qualification.
• Exposure to working in a multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) environment.
• A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery.
• Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects (desirable).
• A CIPS qualification.
• Mechanical engineering qualification to Level 3 (ONC) minimum.
• A second language.
• Knowledge of logistics.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
• Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive & enthusiastic.
• Ability to effectively manage time and work to deadlines.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK).
An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
All applications via CV Library using the following link: