We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced Design Engineer (Electrical, Actuation & Controls) within our Engineering Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham, UK.
As an integral part of our engineering team, the Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will provide design and detailing of actuation & controls for our range of industrial dampers and associated products using SolidWorks 3D CAD package and support our sales team with technical support during the bid phase.
Your will have a solid engineering qualification together with a demonstrable track record and understanding of electro-mechanical instrumentation and controls, ideally within process flow & control, including some electrical knowledge. You must be able to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify requirements and find solutions.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
- Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach).
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
- Track record of CAD system use.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
- A background working in a technical electro-mechanical engineering environment
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery.
- Able to understand Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects (desirable).
- Experience of hazardous area requirements and local certification for international markets.
- A working understanding of instrumentation and controls.
- Good electrical knowledge.
- Level 4 Engineering qualification (HND).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
- Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive & enthusiastic.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work to deadlines.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK).
We offer the opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking business with an international footprint and the ambition for growth. Our core values centre around our people and provide a genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
All applications (to include your CV) via email using the following link: