UK or Denmark – Posted 22 December 2020.
We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced Internal Sales / Proposals Engineer within our Sales Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham, UK, or optionally at our office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
As an integral part of our international sales team, the Internal Sales / Proposals Engineer will support our Area Sales Managers with the preparation of diligent and commercially attractive estimates and proposals for our range of special engineered products, maintaining and operating our CRM system, and providing general internal support to the sales department.
Your will have a solid engineering qualification together with a demonstrable track record and understanding of estimating techniques for complex fabrications & bespoke machinery which incorporates electro-mechanical instrumentation and controls, ideally within process flow & control. You must be able to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify requirements and find solutions.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
- Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach).
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
- Track record of successful estimating & proposal writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
- A background working in a technical mechanical engineering environment
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery.
- Able to understand Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects (desirable).
- A working understanding of instrumentation and controls.
- Some basic electrical knowledge.
- Level 5 Engineering qualification (Degree).
- A second language.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
- Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive & enthusiastic.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work to deadlines.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK), option to work from our office in Copenhagen (Denmark) also considered.
We offer the opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking business with an international footprint and the ambition for growth. Our core values centre around our people and provide a genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
You can expect an attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus together with a flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
If you have any queries regarding this position, feel free to contact our Group Sales Director (Mr Kim Bovien) on +44 (0)115 7210834 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
DTL are proud to be part of the Orbinox Valves International Group, world market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of knife gates and associated products, and present in more than 70 countries worldwide.
All applications via CV Library using the following link: