Eastwood, Nottingham (UK) – Posted 14 November 2023.
We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced QA/SHEQ Engineer, within our Operations Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham.
As an integral part of our Operations team, the QA/SHEQ Engineer will support our SHEQ Manager with the development and maintenance of our accredited Business Management Systems, produce contract specific QA documentation, and perform inspections and functional testing to uphold the quality of our range of special engineered products.
The role is based at our head office in UK but may require some occasional domestic and overseas travel from time to time.
You will have a solid engineering qualification together with a demonstrable track record and understanding of Quality Assurance for complex fabrications & bespoke machinery which incorporates electro-mechanical instrumentation and controls. You must be able to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify requirements and find solutions.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
- Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach).
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
- Successful track record in a similar role.
- A competent working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
- Electro-mechanical engineering product development and process quality experience.
- Able to apply Continuous Improvement methodology, Six Sigma, and tools for data driven decisions.
- Familiarity with ISO9001 accredited business management systems and principles.
- Auditor experience (Internal & External).
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities utilising industry standard quality tools (eg. 5 Whys, 8D, Kaizen).
- Able to understand engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Level 3 Mechanical engineering education (ONC/HNC).
- Experience of OHS and Environmental Management systems and principles.
- A relevant NEBOSH qualification.
- A working understanding of instrumentation and controls.
- Some basic electrical knowledge.
- Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects.
- Level 5 Engineering qualification (Degree).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
- Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive & enthusiastic.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work to deadlines.
- An appetite for career progression into the SHEQ Manager role.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK).
An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
Mobile telephone, laptop computer.
Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
All applications (to include your CV) via our advert on CV LIBRARY using the following link: