Inlet Vane Control Dampers
An IVC Damper (Inlet Vane Control) is predominantly installed to a centrifugal fan inlet to provide flow / pressure regulation and control.
Its multiple radial vane blade arrangement around a central hub helps to introduce swirl into the fans inlet for an enhanced flow control.
DTL’s Inlet Vane IVC Damper , sometimes referred to as “radial vane” can be fitted with any form of actuation allowing either local or remote modulating control and can also be designed to fulfil the requirements of Hazardous areas applications.
Our IVC Dampers can be manufactured in Carbon Steel or Stainless steel, however for special applications we can utilise any material to suit your requirements. An IVC Damper creates a swirl effect to the fan inlet so may therefore reduce the load on your fan motor and therefore reduce your power consumption.
Typical IVC Damper Applications
- Fan Inlet Control
IVc Damper Specifications
- Pressure: Typically 50Kpa (0.5 barG) however we can design for higher on request
- Temperature: Typically 250°C (482°F) however we can design for higher on request
- Round design
- Fully welded body
- Specially engineered compact design
- On/off or modulating
- Typical range from DN300 to DN3000 (other sizes available on request)
- Pneumatically actuated (Electric actuators also available on request)