Acid Plant Dampers
DTL acid plant dampers are designed specifically for applications with process gases containing SO2 or SO3, for those applications that require ZERO LEAKAGE to the atmosphere to protect both the environment and the safety of plant personnel.
Special shaft seals with air purged lantern ring and labyrinth arrangement guarantees the Zero leakage of process gas from the acid plant dampers out to atmosphere.
Our range of acid plant dampers are designed to suit any duct size (generally Ø300mm – Ø3000mm). With a typical SS304H construction they are resistant to corrosion, high temperature (up to 800 Deg C), and creep. These dampers for sulphuric acid process applications can be butterfly or louvre type, manufactured in corrosion resistance material such as ASTM A36, AISI 304H, Alloy 31 or C276.
DTL can provide acid plant dampers with PED Compliance (as appropriate) for high pressure applications.
- Sulphuric Acid Production
- Fertiliser Production
- SO2 / SO3 In process Gas
Acid Plant Damper Specifications
- Pressure: typically, less than 100Kpa (1 bar)
- Temperature: typically, less than 800°C (1472°F)
- Round or rectangular design
- Fully welded body
- Specially engineered compact design
- On/off or modulating
- Zero leakage glands
- Typical range from DN300 to DN3000 (other sizes available on request)
- End connections: Flanged or welded to suit your application.
- Pneumatically actuated (Electric actuators also available on request)