Eastwood, Nottingham (UK) – Posted 24 August 2022.
We now have a position open for a qualified and experienced Project Manager, overseeing Project Execution of a designated selection of orders within our Project Management Group at our HQ in Eastwood Nottingham.
Reporting to the Projects Department Manager, the Project Manager will take management responsibility for the strategy, planning and management of all project functions to ensure that orders for our bespoke equipment are executed correctly within defined budgets, and delivered on time in accordance with both the customer’s and the Company’s specification and quality requirements.
The role is based at our head office in UK but will require some overseas travel from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a closely related industry and possess technical competence, a flair for the commercial aspects of business, and have knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing processes in a custom-made production environment. With a clear aptitude for effective communication, motivating, planning and delivering on agreed Company objectives, the Project Manager will be able to work independently as well as contribute as a key member of our project management team.
Essential criteria: Soft Skills
- A great team player with a positive approach and a commercial outlook.
- Strong people and time management skills. (Collaborative approach)
- Excellent communication skills with customers and team members.
- Track record of successful project Management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP Business One.
- Excellent organisational, project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
Essential criteria: Technical Skills
- Level 4 – Engineering based qualification (HNC or above).
- Prince 2, APMP or other Professional PM qualification.
- Exposure to working with multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams.
- Experience of Large Oil and Gas/ Power projects.
- A competent understanding of engineering and workshop machinery.
- Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
- Degree level – Engineering based qualification.
- A second language.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with other business functions.
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the views of all parties, and redirect people’s energy towards a common goal.
- Demonstrate the ability to command the respect of, motivate and manage a team of strong characters.
- Be personally co-operative, energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally to plan and act decisively through carefully reasoned decision making.
Work location will be at our Headquarters facility in Eastwood, Nottingham (UK).
An attractive salary, benefits package and profit related bonus.
Mobile telephone, laptop computer.
Flexible scheme of working hours (flexi-time).
A genuine opportunity to develop yourself in an exciting business atmosphere which puts tough demands on both yourself and the Company.
All applications (to include your CV) via email using the following link: