2 x Full Time Positions – posted 15th October 2019
An immediate opportunity has arisen for 2 x Estimation Engineers at DTL India, based in Coimbatore, Southern India.
As Estimation Engineers you’ll meet the following essential criteria:
- Qualified to B.E./B. Tech/Diploma (Mechanical)
- Proven track record (5 years +) in Cost Estimation and Application Engineering
- Experience in handling tenders and customer/consultant specifications
- Ability to prepare quotations, including deviations/clarifications and datasheets
- Experience in sizing accessories like electric actuators, pneumatic cylinders, seal air fans etc.
- Be organised, self-motivated, diligent, good communicator
- Be highly computer literate.
The focus of this role will be to maintain a close dialogue with all existing and potential customers for DTL India and produce detailed estimates/quotations in conjunction with the sales managers.
The role of Estimation Engineers will include:
- Liaise with potential customers with technical queries through emails and telephone
- Interpreting customer specifications and provide detailed quotations/proposals
- Receive & maintain cost details from purchase department, sub-suppliers during estimation process
- Maintain an enquiry register of quotations/customer details
- Ensure quotations are dispatched in a timely manner
- Maintain a cost database
- Conduct order launch meeting in the office and release post-order documents
- Co-ordinate the preparation of dispatch documentation
- Attend customer meetings as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated team within a larger group. Self-motivation, diligence and communication will be the keys for success in this role.
To apply for this job, please submit your CV/resume and covering letter by email to
email@example.com ensuring that “Estimation Engineer” is quoted in the subject line.